Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Springtime and The 'Brushed' Collection

Spring is one of my 2 favorite times of the year (Fall being the other!).  And the 'Brushed' Collection just resonated with me because of the gorgeous color palette - Pixie, Canary, Juniper, Pear, Hollyhock and Flaxen!  They simply scream wonderful Springtime sunshine and light breezes!

I can hardly wait to get pictures printed of my sweet grandchildren working in my dad's (Grandpa's) vegetable garden!  They were totally amazed at the food that actually came from the ground that Grandpa had 'farmed a garden in'!!  (in the words of Maddie Claire!!)  It was so special to capture the happy wonder on their faces and to hear their giggles as they dug fresh Irish Potatoes, picked Squash, Cucumbers and Tomatoes!!  Oh the pride they felt!  SOOOO, this Brushed Paper Pack will be used to showcase those pictures!
Following a cutting guide that I purchased from a CTMH sister consultant, Susan Williams, I tore into my Brushed Paper Pack!!  It was so hard because it is so pretty and I've been hoarding it!  Susan has such a talent for designing layouts and cards and creating cutting guides that use only the basic supplies - these appeal to those crafters without a large inventory of stamps, inks, accessories or those who don't own a Cricut machine.  Well I DO own the Cricut Explore, all the ink pads and a good inventory of our beautiful My Acrylix stamps BUT I LOVE LOVE LOVE Susan's simple yet stunning designs!!  Once your cutting is all done, putting the layouts together is pretty quick and the results are awesome, especially after you get your cherished photos on them!

I got all the paper cut and in piles according to layouts (there are 6 included in this custom workshop).  But there are also designed cards with a cutting guide so I decided to put those together first since I needed a couple to mail out!  They're simple but beautiful!


I decided to use the stamp set Finding the Words D1646 for my greetings.  This set is so versatile and has many choices for greeting cards.  I like the combination of the bold script words along with the smaller, slender, all-caps font.  It also coordinates with the Cricut Artiste Cartridge for the Banner.





And here's the first card -- I made one with top fold and one with side fold.  Simple yet lovely!!



Don't you just love this gorgeous Springy paper pack 
that Close to My Heart named BRUSHED???

I'm excited to get the other 2 card designs made tomorrow, THEN get the beautiful layouts put together to add my fun Spring photos to!!  
Pictures to follow!

Supplies picture above:
X7190B Brushed Paper Pack
X7190C Brushed Complements
Z3013 Brushed Assortment
Z1829 Glitter Paper (Black & Gray)
X3035 Pixie Thick Twine
D1646 Finding the Words

Shop from your seat at http://jenniferlee.ctmh.com and please let me know if you have any questions!

Stay Tuned for more Brushed artwork  . . . . . . . . .
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin