Sunday, February 14, 2010

My First 'Topstitch' Cards!

I had a great time today (during Madalyn's nap!) crafting with the Close to My Heart 'Workshop on the Go' kit, Topstitch!  I see why everyone's been blogging about and sharing artwork they've created with this kit!  The patterned paper is gorgeous and the color palette is great - Chocolate, Baby Pink and Heavenly Blue!

First, I created one of the cards from the Card Workshop portion of the Workshop Guide that comes in the kit.  I really liked this one but seeing the finished project, in person, is gorgeous!!  Jeanette Lynton and the Art Department at Close to My Heart are so very talented, it's amazing the designs and patterns they come up with!

So here's a replica of Card #1 from the guide:


Supplies used:
X7120B Topstitch Level 2 Paper Packet
Z2102   Baby Pink Ink Pad
Z2111   Chocolate Ink kPad
Z1276   Mini-Medley Accents Colonial White Collection
Z1104  Clear Sparkles
Z1096  Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment
Z1114  Piercing Tool Kit
Z697   Sponge
Workshop stamp set is 'Love Is in the Air'  (available only in the Workshop Kit)

And . . . this second card is my attempt to create something without a pattern!!  Like I've said in previous posts, I'm creatively challenged, which is why I absolutely LOVE Close to my Heart's Program Books which contain beautiful pictures of the artwork along with the blueprints and full instructions to make gorgeous cards and scrapbook pages!!  So here's my custom creation!!



You can order all the supplies to make cards like these plus many more PLUS beautiful scrapbook pages!!  Just click here to shop right where you are and you'll be crafting with 'Topstitch' in a few short days!

Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Leana! I enjoyed working with this kit - now to get some layouts done with it of my little sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin