Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reindeer Christmas Card


Well, I finally got my hands on my new Christmas stamps again this evening after about a month and half! I got so many in my Bundle that I purchased at CTMH Convention back in July, that are in our Autumn/Winter 2010 Idea Book, and I’ve only had a chance to create with 2 of the sets!


I used the following products from our gorgeous new Idea Book:
C1427    I Believe (set of 7 stamps)  - I used the Reindeer stamp (gorgeous!)
A1110    A Timber (set of 7) - I used the phrase ‘Happy Holidays’ from this set
X5811    Creative Basics Mistletoe Collections – I used the Cranberry B&T sheet
1282       New England Ivy Cardstock
Z2135    New England Ivy Ink Pad
Z134       Prisma Glitter
Z891       VersaMark Ink Pad
Z1126    Colonial White Ribbon Collection (I used the Crocheted ribbon – love it!)

My card base is actually the Colonial White Textured Cardstock.


This reindeer card was totally inspired from a YouTube video that a fellow stamper (with another stamp company) demonstrated last year using a reindeer stamp of theirs!  I altered it a tad and made it work for me and my personal style but totally spun off of her creativity!! 

I fell in love with her technique of dabbing the VersaMark Ink Pad over the whole piece of cardstock that the reindeer was stamped on,  then sprinkling with the Prisma Glitter and heat-setting!  Loved, loved, loved it!!  You’ll have to remember from one of my very first blog posts that it was heat-embossing that won me over to the scrapbooking and papercrafting world with Close to My Heart!!

Hope you enjoy!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin