Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Winning 2-page Scrapbook Layout!!






Two weeks ago, I was blessed to attend my second Scrappin’ Retreat (Scrappin’ Summer Camp) in North Mississippi, hosted by a terrific little lady, Terry Dunlap and her gracious husband, Glenn!!  Although I was coughing basically with every breath and my feet and ankles had swollen larger than they ever have, I had a wonderfully crafty and relaxing time!  We had mega time to get creative and work on projects that some of us otherwise don’t get the chance to do.  So from Friday morning at 9 am thru Sunday at 2 pm the Scrap Zone was open!!   It was great seeing our new scrappin’ friends again – some from Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi!!  I can hardly wait for the next Scrappin’ Retreat in October!  And since we have a Brand New Close To My Heart Idea Book/Catalog, I’ll have plenty of new projects to work on!!


One of the fun things we do at the Scrappin’ Retreat is have contests for best 1-page scrapbook page, 2-page layout, homemade card and altered items.  I decided to enter the 2-page layout category and submitted the above layout and I WON!!!  I couldn’t believe it!!  I thought my pages were great because the Cherry-O workshop kit has become a favorite of mine and of course, my sweet baby granddaughter, Madalyn Claire, is just absolutely precious!  But I sure didn’t think I would win – you see, there were very talented crafters in my midst!!  (Remember, you can click on the images to get a better view!)


Then as soon as I had my picture taken with my winning layout and our Retreat hostess, Terry, and went to sit back down, I was called right back up because I had also won first place in the homemade card category!!!  I was inspired by a beautiful Christmas card we made at Convention last month using the new Clear Cards and came up with this !!  I have gotten so many compliments on it and have been commissioned to make a few sets for a couple people who absolutely hate crafting (hard for me to imagine!!  It’s my therapy!!)  I used papers from the new Workshop Kit, Mistletoe, which are quickly becoming my most favorite Christmas papers!!  And the little ornament is from a new Christmas My Acrylix stamp set debuting September 1st!!








Until Later!
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, congratulations on your winning layout of your little M--she's ADORABLE! Cherry-O is perfect for her photos. :) I haven't used that paper packet yet--you showed it well! And your card is so pretty too! Thanks for being a faithful commenter on my blog...I'm behind in blog visiting...with the ice and snow days lately, I'm doing a little catching up! Are you getting wintery blasts there? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin